Sixth Grade General Music
At CMS Sixth Graders have music class twice a week (48min classes). We learn to read, write, perform, and understand music in its many forms. Below is a list of the various units covered in Sixth Grade Music and what the students will learn in each unit.
- Parody Songs: Students will write and sing parodies of popular songs.
- Recycled Percussion: We will learn how any object around us can be an instrument....once we have asked permission from its owner!
- Music History: A brief history of music beginning with Ancient music and ending with modern symphonic music.
- Piano: Two hand piano techniques and writing short songs.
- Guitar: Proper technique and short melodies from pop and traditional song material.
- African Drumming: Students will learn the technique for playing the Djembe.